Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wondrous Wednesdays (5)




In the spirit of gratitude, I’m going to be listing wondrous things happening in my world every week on Wednesday.  I chose to list three things because Wednesday is the third day of the week.  If you are a blogger and want to list what you are grateful for, feel free to do the same on your own blog every week and please be sure to link back to my blog.   If you are not a blogger, feel free to comment here on my blog with your own three wondrous things you are grateful for on Wednesday. 

(1)
First and foremost, today is Hannah's first birthday.  I can't believe that a year has flown by so quickly.  She is sure to be a lot of fun and get into a lot of trouble.  Very independent, feisty with a devilish look that has you smiling before you can even get mad at her.  She has been scrunching up her nose every time she smiles and her latest word is: "Dine-tor!"  Such a blessing in my life.  Happy Birthday honey bee!

(2)
Eucharistic adoration does a world of good for your relationship with Jesus.  Praise God for the true presence of Jesus, right there for us to be able to really spend time with him.  The funny thing is, as wondrous as Eucharistic adoration is, all I could think about while I was sitting there on Friday night was "Boy, I suck!"  I don't spend NEARLY enough time with Jesus, and I don't just mean at Eucharistic adoration.  How else do you get to know someone other than spending time?  I mean, if this were a marriage, Jesus would have every right to ask for a divorce, although we all know he wouldn't.  Loud and clear Jesus was telling me that I need to work on my relationship with him.  For right now, I'm going to work on "spending time" with him in the early morning before my day begins and the late night hours before going to sleep doing an examination of conscience, asking what I did that would be what Jesus would have done and where I would have fallen short.  Praise God for His mercy!  I know I don't deserve it!  I'm more mindful of this as time goes on.

(3)
Having two days off in the middle of the week is probably the best thing ever.  It's like having a second weekend!!  So glad that after a three day weekend I get another breather before going back to work on Friday.  And hubby has Wednesday off to spend time with us for Hannah's birthday!  SO glad he was able to get the day off.  I love it when we all get to spend time celebrating our loved ones joining the world.

 

Below is a linky list if you’d like to add a link to your own Wondrous Wednesdays. (1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your post and not your main blog URL. (2) Include a link back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment