Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wondrous Wednesdays (6)




In the spirit of gratitude, I’m listing wondrous things happening in my world every week on Wednesday.  It hasn't caught on yet, but it is important to me to be thankful for all of God's blessings, so I continue it whether anyone will join me or not. 

I chose to list three things because Wednesday is the third day of the week.  If you are a blogger and want to list what you are grateful for, feel free to do the same on your own blog every week and please be sure to link back to my blog.   If you are not a blogger, feel free to comment here on my blog with your own three wondrous things you are grateful for on Wednesday. 

(1)
This past weekend was our first weekend with our new priest, Fr. Joe.  Oddly enough the pastor before Fr. G was also a Fr. Joe, an older gentlemen who was very quiet and kind.  That Fr. Joe and I corresponded periodically when I went to college and beyond.  We even had dinner together a few times when I moved back to NH from Boston.  At any rate, we went to a different mass this past weekend, 6:30pm on Sunday night.  I had met Fr. Joe before when I worked at NH Catholic Charities a few years back and he looked the same with that great big smile.  It was wonderful to see that our new priest is a very animated homilist and really connected the readings for that day with the 10th anniversary of 9/11.  I look forward to hearing more homilies from him and getting to know him through the programs we are involved in at our parish.

(2)
I'm very thankful to those individuals who have contributed to my fundraising for the Jimmy Fund Walk in honor of little Caroline.  Really looking forward to it, although I have not prepared at all and have done little to no walking.  It is supposed to be a beautiful fall day on Sunday and I hope that I get the chance to say hello to Caroline with our little girls.  Now just to figure out logistics of where hubby is going to park the car and how and where we will meet up with hubby.  Oh and how I will manage 5 miles while pushing the double stroller.  But that is besides the point.

(3)
I don't think I've said this enough to my hubby but he is wondrous to me!  I am so blessed he found me!  He always lets me know how much he loves me and our girls and that we are the most important thing in his life.  He is a wonderful father and I really enjoy stealing glimpses of him playing with our girls or catching him snuggling with them watching a movie.  I also know first hand how difficult it is to go to a job that you don't enjoy and he continues to do so even though he's been there almost three years, disliking it for pretty much that long.  He is the best husband, sacrificing for me and our girls like that.  What an awesome example of Christ's love he shows us.  Sacrificial love.  Not many people out there are willing to sacrifice like that.  Most people are only look out for themselves and what is my partner doing for me, but my hubby knows that there are difficulties and sacrifices involved.  I am truly a woman richly blessed.  I shouldn't have let him wait six weeks to see this one... sorry hubby.  Love you!
 

Below is a linky list if you’d like to add a link to your own Wondrous Wednesdays. (1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your post and not your main blog URL. (2) Include a link back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment