Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wondrous Wednesdays (12)




In the spirit of gratitude, I’m listing wondrous things happening in my world every week on Wednesday.  If you are a blogger and want to list what you are grateful for, feel free to do the same on your own blog every week and please be sure to link back to my blog.   If you are not a blogger, feel free to comment here on my blog with your own three wondrous things you are grateful for on Wednesday. 


(1)
It's absolutely wondrous how easily Alicia has gone to bed the past two nights, when for three or four nights in a row it was over two hours of struggle.  It was starting to become a nightmare but I decided to stagger bedtimes so long as Hannah has only had one nap.  Hannah goes to bed first and when she's just about alseep I start the routine with Alicia.  This way Alicia is pretty tired after going all day without a nap.  I I think she feels more safe with me staying in the room, so it's been working out alright so far. 


(2)
What is also wondrous about this new routine is that it gives me a time of quiet for prayer. Time to pray for my girls, talk to God about what is really important.  I've been finding that I'm making some progress.  FINALLY after what seems like maybe a few years of confessing the same thing I may actually make some headway on prayer.  The recommendation of our new pastor helped too.  There are lots of little moments when I'm stressed, aggravated, or the girls do something really sweet, cute or have a fit of the giggles.  These are all times I can use for quick little prayers when I can either ask for help in moments of difficulty or give a quick praise to God for these endearing moments.  So far this idea has really worked out well for me.  I'm hoping to continue to make progress with prayer.


(3)
The last class we taught this past Sunday for the confirmation students was about dating with purity and purpose.  For the most part, disregarding the handouts thrown in the trash on their way out by a select few, the students definitely were paying more attention.  Probably because it was more a how to live this stuff out, a class that was more a guide about dating.  It was truly wondrous to see them sitting there actually looking at us instead of with their heads down, giggling over whatever it is that caused them some distraction.  I still wish that they opened up for discussion a little more, but the seeds are planted and maybe some of them will talk about the class with each other outside of the classroom.  And maybe, next time around, we will manage to figure out a way to get them to open up earlier than the last week of class.  




Below is a linky list if you’d like to add a link to your own Wondrous Wednesdays. (1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your post and not your main blog URL. (2) Include a link back here.








No comments:

Post a Comment