Friday, November 11, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Friday (21)



Thanks to Jen for hosting over at conversiondiary.com

-1-
First order of business for the week is a couple of Halloween pictures since our Trick or Treating was just this past Sunday, November 6th.  I'm one of THOSE moms who loves the crying baby photos.  I laugh every time.  I know, mean mama!!!





-2-

I wandered into the playroom Wednesday morning to find our one year old walking around with a copy of "Theology of the Body for Beginners" by Christopher West.  She was so proud of herself - she would thumb through the pages, hold it up to show me and stomp around, stop and look through it again.  Too cute and I tried to get a picture, but this was the best I could do. 



-3-
Monday night was not the best night I've had.  I truly do not understand why it is that when you have a newborn, you can deal with a sleepless night, but when one comes out of the blue with an older child, you are truly unprepared for it. 

Hannah, our one year old would not sleep after our three year old woke her up with a very LOUD, "MAMA, I HAVE TO GO POTTY!"  From 1:45 am until 5:45 am I was trying to get her to relax enough to go to sleep.  If they were not in the same room, I would have let the one year old cry it out.  However, with Alicia having bad dreams I wanted her to try to get some sleep.  That did not work either.  Every time I tried to put Hannah down, she would freak out crying, waking up Alicia and who would then "need someone to sit with her."  I cannot put Hannah down at that point because she freaks out at bedtime if you put her down and stay in the room.  WHAT A MESS!

-4-
I managed to go to work on about 2 hours sleep.  I COFFEE LOADED and in I went.  I know, I know.  I said I would stop with the Dunkin's.  See, I definitely could use DDA!!

-5-
At this point in the game, I usually have done at least a little Christmas shopping.  Some of you are going to say, "what are you, nuts?"  But I really dislike all the crowds that start right after Thanksgiving.  In truth, I just can't handle it.  I've never once done the Black Friday thing.  This year, probably in large part due to our tight quarters at my parents' house and not much storage room, I haven't gotten a thing.  Usually I pick up a thing here or there...  Nothing.  This is will not be pretty.

-6-
Our parish has the Annual Bazzar this weekend, which I have enjoyed going to in recent years - they have a penny sale, theme baskets, baked goods, a 50/50 raffle and a raffle for some decent cash prizes.  A while back, there were a few years in a row that I won something, but have not had this good fortune for a few years.  It is always fun anyway.  I just have to remember to bring scissors for those penny sale tickets.  Ripping those is just sooo time consuming.

-7-
People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment