Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wondrous Wednesday (4)

In the spirit of gratitude, I’m going to be listing wondrous things happening in my world every week on Wednesday.  I chose to list three things because Wednesday is the third day of the week.  If you are a blogger and want to list what you are grateful for, feel free to do the same on your own blog every week and please be sure to link back to my blog.   If you are not a blogger, feel free to comment here on my blog with your own three wondrous things you are grateful for on Wednesday. 

(1)
After having seen footage of some areas in New England and the eastern coast, I am grateful that Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene was so easy on us.  We only lost power for about an hour and there was hardly anything that needed to be cleaned up afterwards, except for a few small twigs and leaves, which hopefully I can help out with tomorrow.  Anyway, the cutest part of waiting for Irene was when power went out and we told our three-year old that we lost power.  We handed her a flashlight for her to be able to see where she was going and she started walking all over the house, going from room to room looking for the power.  She would search one room and say "No, not in here" and then would go on to the next.  How cute is that?  They do take you literally at that age.  So funny!

(2)
Another thing that amazes me about our eleven month old who is soon to be one year is that she is in a size five diaper.  The most funny part about that is that her three year old sister who started potty training back in May I think was in size five diapers at almost three.  So I have quite a few overnights and even some pull ups left from Alicia.  Hannah better be in these diapers for a while so I have a chance to use up what I have.  Anyone who lives close by need size four???  Speak now and I'll set some aside for you.  I think we have a lot, have to check.

(3)
My hubby and I have been asked to speak in a few weeks about how we use social media as a tool for evangelization.  I don't know I ever really thought that I was evangelizing, but perhaps that is what I am trying to do.  I just feel that I am trying to explain how I came to be more in line with the Catholic Church than I ever thought possible.  Neither my hubby nor I has a large following on our blogs, but what I have noticed is that there is significantly higher interest in controversial subjects than the every day topics I cover.  I do think that any evangelization calls for showing how we live our lives day in and day out by our example, but not being afraid to "discuss" our lives, as ordinary as they are, or to tackle the difficult topics, no matter what our friends and acquaintances may think of us.  In what Blessed John Paul II repeatedly referred to as the "new evangelization," he reminded Catholics of the importance of moving beyond ourselves and bringing Christ and His love to others.  That is what all Catholics should be striving for.  That is what I try to do with my blog.

 

Below is a linky list if you’d like to add a link to your own Wondrous Wednesdays. (1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your post and not your main blog URL. (2) Include a link back here.

3 comments:

  1. If evangelize means "to preach the gospel," I think you are doing a good job of showing by example how you live the gospel. (Rather than preach.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson,

    I have yet to actually look into what the new "evangelization" actually means, but from what I've been asked to talk about it means bringing Christ and His love to others. I am trying to do that not only through my writing, but also through living my life. Thanks for the vote of confidence that I am doing a good job showing how I live the gospel. I have my good days and my bad days... only hoping the good days outnumber the bad ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes and thank you, glad it's showing by example and not preaching. I try not to be too preachy. That doesn't work for most people I don't think...

    ReplyDelete