Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wondrous Wednesdays (1)

In the spirit of gratitude, I’m going to start listing wondrous things happening in my world every week on Wednesday.  I chose to list three things because Wednesday is the third day of the week.  If you are a blogger and want to list what you are grateful for, feel free to do the same on your own blog every week and please be sure to link back to my blog.   If you are not a blogger, feel free to comment with your own three wondrous things you are grateful for on Wednesday. 

I'm guessing it may take some time for people to start doing this with me, but I'm going to give it a try anyway... 

For me this week:

(1)
Feeling pretty blessed for all God has given me in my life: wonderful parents, a caring sister, a loving husband, two beautiful daughters, a great extended family.  God is so good to me!  He provides, He shows the path.  He humbles me any time I have my "plan" because His is so much better than mine ever has been or ever could be.
(2)
Our parish priest is undergoing a move of his own to a parish on the seacoast at the end of this month, which in some ways is really great.  His reflections the past few weeks parallels our lives and is helping me to realize that despite our upheaval that I am content, more so than I thought I'd be.  I'm grateful that God has blessed us with such a wonderful priest for the past 18 years (ok, so part of this time I was away from the church) and that, sorry St. K's parisohers, his move is happening so near to ours.  It is a consolation to me and I think he's helping me to see that I am doing alright and am managing to keep things in perspective.  We will miss him for sure but what a true blessing he is and has been!
(3)
As difficult as it has been, and as much "stuff" as we kept, this transition was a great time to simplify.  We have what Fr. G would refer to as "downward mobility" which really isn't all that bad.  Who needs upward mobility anyway!?  I think I have quite a ways to go to have truly simplified my life.  There is much more paring down that needs to be done.  Lots of project work ahead for me.  But this first round went pretty well.  We will continue to work on round two while we live with my parents and hopefully will have a round three just before we leave for our own place.  But this has been a good opportunity to look and say, "WOW!  Look at all this stuff!  Let's not do THAT again!"

Below is a linky list if you’d like to add a link to your own Wondrous Wednesdays. (1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your post and not your main blog URL. (2) Include a link back here.


No comments:

Post a Comment